This is my version of the classic and elegant sugar lemon cookies; they became one of my favorite. Perfect with tea, coffee.
This quantitty makes app 25 cookies:
- 250 g gf mixture for desserts (highly refined)
- 100 g corn starch
- 100 g caster sugar
- 2-3 tsp of vanilla scented sugar
- finely grated zest of 4 lemons (chose the ones from bilogical / ecological growth)
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of fine salt
- 150 g of cold butter (cut in cubes)
- 3 tbsp of dark, thick honey
- 0,25 dl of fresh lemon juice
- 1 whole egg
For decoration: some extra caster sugar
Mix all the ingredients till you get smooth and soft dough.
Make little disks of cookies, (each cookie needs quant of the dough the size of the walnut).
Put them on the baking tin lined with baking sheet (leave some space between them because they flatten and spread during baking.
Bake in the oven preheated on 180 dgrs C - app 17-19 min.
When they are still warm after baking, put them into a plastic bag filled with caster sugar and shake them gently till they are coated in sugar.